Then I thought, "Nah. Punch it."
So here's the short version:
January
New Year's drunk and dancing with the family. Dreams of punching a rhino in the face. Restarting ropes and silks class having lost untold muscle strength. House-sitting in leopard-print, pool-tabled, sunken-tub Mid-Century Modern finery. (Only locking myself out once.) Birthday brunch for a woman I deeply admire. Opening a new exhibit - Lost Egypt: Ancient Secrets, Modern Science - media, fancy-pants Gala, mummies needing security. Only slightly losing my mind.
February
Lots more OMSI. Nessun Dorma live! Keeping the flu at bay. Giving up three dozen eggs, having a very cute (though skeptical) ride home. First time snowboarding. White girl facilitating semi-awkward diversity training. Suddenly moonlighting for the Grants department? OMSI Educator Death Match.
March
Who can tell?
Now and now and now
Here's what I did want to tell you. I've had these goals, you see. Since mid-January, sure, but they aren't resolutions. I'm not going to call out parts of myself to say 'Stop' to. At the least, I won't do that here. Instead, I've got these things I want in my life. And I'm going to get them.
1. Get a place of my own to live in.
2. Hike in the Grand Canyon.
3. Go to Greece.
Oh yes, it will be done. This year, because why wait?
Another world, another day, another dawn. The early morning's thinnest sliver of light appeared silently. Several billion trillion tons of superhot exploding hydrogen nuclei rose slowly above the horizon and managed to look small, cold and slightly damp. There is a moment in every dawn when light floats, there is the possibility of magic. Creation holds its breath. - Douglas Adams: Life, the Universe and Everything.

No comments:
Post a Comment