Sunday, August 30, 2009

As far as I know, you don't pronounce the '!'

Utah! has great rocks. It makes me wish I knew more about geology. Its hotels, though, leave something to be desired. Super 8s are the motel that sketches, at least in two distinct experiences of mine. (For example, on the back of the toilet tank lives a little plastic sample packet that just says, "Lotion." And nothing else. How can I possibly trust that?) My own damn fault for choosing this place to stay, I know, but those tantalizing red diamonds in the AAA guide book - how was I to know reality would fall so short of expectations? Let's all hope this is the only instance in which that ever happens.

I don't feel you hoping. C'mon, you pessimists - HOPE!

Dad drove and drove and drove today like the six million dollar man, so we're only 11 hours from Portland. Too far for one day's driving, unless we suddenly become hardcore long haul truck drivers, but I don't see that happening. I just hope the Order of the Phoenix will last that long. Curse you, Umbridge!

1 comment:

  1. eeew was it "motion lotion"? Rick and I drove to Georgetown,GA from Austin,TX and it took us 13 hours. We stopped twice for a quick bite to eat(Waffle House rocks!). I can't even imagine driving as far as you guys did. Hyvin tehty!!!

    ReplyDelete