Saturday, June 26, 2010

My brain my brain

So tired.  Einsteined out.  Second of three 12-hour days at work, with thankfully a beach camping weekend to look forward to.  I am excited about the exhibit, though - today I gave a demonstration about the speed of light to a bunch of OMSI board members, corporate sponsors, volunteers and highfalutin media folk.  I gave a brief radio interview about Einstein to a potentially conservative-leaning station (in which I just happened to describe the nature of science as a "constantly evolving animal."  Just slipped out, what can I say) and I gently tried to dissuade a visitor from thinking that his experiences at the Oregon Vortex were relativity-related.  I feel eminently competent.

However.  As mentioned, so very tired.  I keep doing dumb things like saying the name of the person I'm talking to instead of the person I'm talking about; dropping letters (usually vowels, if that counts for anything) from words as I'm typing them; feeling generally sluggish and forgetful.  Last night I had a dream that I was at OMSI, wearing a combination cow costume/purple educator vest.  Other educators could dress up as vet techs or heart surgeons (in scrubs and reddish sweaters).  I was walking next to this teenage girl, and the fact that I was very enthusiastically trying to press upon her was:

"Did you know cows can't text?  Because of their hooves!"

"Sure, whatever."  She was totally disinterested.  And I can't blame her.  Hooves?  Honestly.

Now: seven hours sleeping, twelve hours working, seven hours sleeping, seven hours driving.  Then: sitting on a goddamn sunny beach getting a sunburn drinking a beer.  Oh yes.


2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen an Oregon beach be sunny. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mature, has ability to adapt in the life fuzziness"

    Why, thank you.

    ReplyDelete