Friday, September 4, 2009

Bullet madness

(I wonder how many stray Google hits I'll get from that title. Hi, lost Googlers! This probably isn't what you're looking for.)

The above is entitled, "Making hashbrowns." Needless to say, the process for making awesome tots remains a closely-guarded secret.
  • Home friends > home fries (In quality. In quantity... it's still a toss-up, hopefully to be rectified as the days progress to weekending. (Like, OMG, call me!))
  • HP #5 is down for the count. Let's give it a brief respectful period of contemplation before we go on to the next. Shall we take bets to see if I can stand waiting until my wheels start moving again to begin the next volume? As long as there is packing to be done (and there is a smidge left), I doubt it. Ah, Jim Dale. You're such a good companion and you ask so little in return.
  • Daily highs for Cottonwood, AZ remain in the 80s and 90s (F). I suspect the weather report is lulling me into a false sense of security. But little does the Arizona climate know that I would take my peacoat with me just about anywhere, Just In Case. Ha!
  • If all goes well, today is my last with this damn length of hair. I don't have enough yet to donate to Locks of Love (for kids), but I do have just enough for the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program (for ladies) and the salon I'm going to donates all their leftover clippings to Matter of Trust (for otters). And I really need it gone, so sayonara.
  • This evening I continued my streak of impressive (to my parents - it doesn't take much) dinners with a pretty pizza, baked on my newly-bicoastal pizza stone. Were it not for the tiny cherry tomato butterfly that was nestled in the middle of the pizza, I wouldn't be mentioning it at all.
  • I'm almost done re-sorting and packing my clothes. Maybe in squishier containers they will fit into my car..? I've tried to pack by category so I can do side-by-side comparisons, and only the fittest garments (read: the ones with the fewest stains or just the softest fabrics - I'm kind of partial) survive. Pants, skirts, dressy shirts and casual shirts are all taken care of. It's all underpants from here! It's a crap shoot in any case, since I have no idea what kind of activities I'll be getting up to during my downtime from this gig. Camping? Dancing? Knitting? Long walks on the beach? It's all well and good if I 'contain multitudes,' but my closet is presumably a more finite space. Always, of course, excepting entrances to Narnia.
  • Tomorrow I may get to attend not one but TWO outdoor markets, one the farmers' kind, the other of the Saturday- variety. I love browsing funky stalls and lusting after lush produce and smelling delicious bento and kettle corn and hearing little gypsy jazz quartets. Will you rain on me tomorrow, Portland, just to make the day complete?

I thought so.

2 comments:

  1. when i read about the "cherry tomato butterfly in the middle of the pizza" i thought it was a real butterfly and i was getting grossed out:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm listening to hp#5 in a codeine stupor... ps, two sad things: i am too disgusting and gaggy to talk on the phone (stupid pigs) and also i'm still waiting to get my computer back from yes computers... and thus still no kage mix. :(

    everything is the worst.
    except your sexy new hair.

    ReplyDelete