Saturday, January 9, 2010

Don't get your plot in a twist

News!  Broil!  Discovery!  Chaos!  (And other words as well.)

Here's the rundown of my latest drama:

I'm now on the THIRD round of interviews for OMSI, which entails me going to Portland and meeting with them in person.  Whooooooooo.

I have an offer for a position here with the NPS, doing 80% interpretation (what I've been doing) and 20% museum design up in Flagstaff.  All this is contingent on me registering for classes at the local community college and getting in all my paperwork.

My Dad is having some medical issues, got a test done this past Thursday and we're waiting for the results sometime next week.

All this means that I am in a whirlwind packing up my room, shoving it all in the car and driving to Portland on Monday, hoping to arrive on Wednesday.  This is not what I was expecting, and it's been a bit hard to adjust.  But I think it's the best idea.  If I haul myself and my things to the Northwest and get the job (not if, when, right?), then I'll just stay there.  If I don't, I drive back here, no harm no foul.  I'll probably have lost out on the big bedroom in my house, but oh well.  It was a good run.

I can't even go into how I'm feeling about all this.  I'm not entirely sure myself.  But after a few false starts, I feel my motor kicking into gear, revving up, roaring to life.  Part of the system has started to turn, but it has a lot of rust to grind against.

All day I've felt like--  Have you ever been underwater with a mouthful of air and tried to make a noise?  I remember being in a pool with Alice when we were kids and trying to shout messages to one another.  Once when I was in Hawaii snorkling, swimming back towards the shore, the water got shallower before I expected it to.  Suddenly in a foot of water right before my goggles was a Huge Fish.  I screamed, but with the snorkle in my mouth it came out as, "Nrrrrr!"  Anyway.  Little cherry bombs going off in my chest all day.  Balloons popping.  Breath catching.


Omigod.  Omigod, omigod.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!! I will be back up there next weekend! How long are you there for?!?! I apologize for not keeping up better on your blog... being home has changed my patterns a bit... :-) but i am so glad i read that post!! dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonne chance pour l'emploi ! et bon courage pour la suite !

    ReplyDelete